Old 05-28-2015, 05:46 PM
elnan

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
I have to ask.... Can you post a photo of the Brother Tingler?
Sharon in Texas (where its raining again)
Sharon, some day before I turn 80, I will have the gear and know-how to shoot and post photos, then you'll wish I'd stayed in the dark. I found little to no information on the Tingler, just an adv. for a sold one. As near as I can determine, it was made about the time that Jones and Brother became one. I was unprepared for the tension spring sticking so far out, but saw a picture that shows that as normal. The only thing unusual about it is the pink body with purple trim at each end. The case is a cheap piece of embossed plastic, which is probably why you don't see many of them. I finally googled Jones Brother 031 and landed at a UK site selling manuals. The ebay adv. says it was made in 1962, cast iron with steel parts inside. Straight stitch, short shank, adjustable foot pressure, 140 watt motor. Every thing on it that could be pressed, turned, or twisted, had been.
On Pinterest, you can find images of Brother 031 Charger, which is same machine, only mint green. There are Chargers with other number designations, but seems the pink machine production was short lived. Cleaned up and lubricated, it does make a nice stitch with a quiet motor.

Do you mean there is a place where it does quit raining? SW Washington where it rains twice as much as in Seattle.

Last edited by elnan; 05-28-2015 at 05:50 PM.