Thread: Do you hide
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 04:25 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by Skhf View Post
Loved the video. I think everyone needs to lighten up! We are not talking marriage destruction here. I think a little guilt over overbuying can be a little healthy. Sustainability of the earth as well as our retirement funds should be in our thoughts as well. Now let's just enjoy and USE our purchases to make the world a warmer, prettier place!
I asked because I am genuinely curious. Does your husband really know all of your clothes so that he'd recognize you in a different pair of jeans or tshirt, for example? Maybe because I go to yard sales and thrift stores and buy stuff cheaply, no one thing represents a lot of money/investment. I buy stuff to cut up, but first offer shirts to my husband and kids--of course, they can wear it--but because of this, I don't recognize all of my own husband's/son's clothes.

I just find it interesting that he would actually know everything you own.

Just wondering how it works in these marriages if you buy a new pan/pot or how about groceries--can you buy chicken breast or does it have to be chicken livers? or can you stop for an ice cream cone or buy a hot dog at the gas station, or a logic problem/puzzle book at Walmart....?

I am curious because here in Poland, I often see husbands and wives grocery shopping together. I've wondered if it is 1. a control thing--he doesn't trust her to spend the right amount 2. a way to spend "quality" time together 3. she needs/wants the help lifting heavy things 4. she doesn't have a driver's license and needs to put the groceries in the car.

Anyway, I hardly ever remember seeing a husband and wife go around the grocery store together in the US, and yet it happens often here.