Thread: Do you hide
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 06:47 AM
EmiliasNana

Before my DH retired, I bought all the fabric I wanted. I didn't flaunt it, as he isn't interested in what I buy and HATES shopping, but he never said anything about the expense either. He won't even go furniture shopping. After he retired we keep a spreadsheet of what we spend and where, to make sure we stay pretty close to budget. He still doesn't say anything and it is all staring him in the face on the computer. I don't resort to the "Walmart" ploy either, tho thought it funny. He doesn't understand multiple machines either, or the price of fabric, but always say, "you know how much we can afford." He does accompany me grocery shopping sometimes but strictly sticks to whatever is on the list. If we forgot to write it down, it doesn't enter his mind. As I saunter the aisles (sometimes remembering we are out of this or that), he runs to the next aisle and back with the next items on the list to put in the cart. It drives me crazy but he is quick and helpful, just not patient. LOL On the self scanning machines, I often have to tell him to put it back on the belt, as he already has it in the bag, while the machine is telling me "item removed from the belt", assistance needed. Too quick sometimes, ha, ha.