Old 05-30-2015, 06:27 AM
Wonnie

Default Inquiring minds want to know....maybe....

Had always wanted to try a string quilt...already had the package of 10" papers but they just layed there waiting for motivation....reviewed Jennie Doan's tutorial on how to do them and inspiration struck at the very end of the presentation when she said she had just used 2 1/2" strips she had left over from other projects and my mind raced to the unused jelly rolls I had purchased through the years but never used. So to make a long story shorter I jumped into my new adventure not knowing how it would turn out. So, for anyone interested, you can get 25 (10") blocks from 1 jelly roll (PLUS some left over) and 14 white jelly roll strips for center of each block (you can get 2 centers out of each strip). I love how mine turned out. It is 48" x 48" and it will serve dual purposes....cover for table in my quilting room, throw it in the car for spontaneous picnics, throw it on the grass or floor for baby to play on, etc. Plus, there are pieces left to sew together and make multicolored borders on pot holders or pillow cases or for applique on some other inspiration!