View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 11:35 AM
crafty pat

Default My wonderful gift from my DM.

Twenty five years ago on May 28th my DM passed. As a only child I had so much to do to go through and choose what I could keep. I kept all her quilting things that I could and it all went into my sewing room and I have gone through it so many times Last week DH was cleaning a storage room and brought in a huge bag of her quilting things that had been there all this time. I set right dawn and started going through it. This is what I found. One top done except for binding of Dresden Plate with 30's fabric, a beautiful king size butterfly top she had been making for me, enough large butterfly blocks appliqued and ready to be put together, Large blocks with different butterfly's ready to be appliqued and a big box with all the pieces cut for a king size grandma's fan and in the bottom she had pieced enough for the first three rows. I set and looked at her work and could see her setting and doing her beautiful hand work. Then I looked up at the calendar and saw the date May 28th. It really hit me and I felt for sure it was a loving gift from my DM.