View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 07:20 PM
DonnaMiller

Joe is right. There are left and right pointing fingers on the bobbin cases. I bought an old Singer 15 and it took a different one, a left finger. My SMM had to even look it up on the computer to make sure which I needed. I have other machines that take the right pointing finger, so I keep everything. I even kept a badly rusted bobbin case and rehabilitated it to use as an emergency spare. It surprised me because it looked awful in the beginning. Lots of TriFlo oil and rust remover and it works now. I even polished some of the shine back. It is a shame an old machine and its bobbin case are often parted. I keep looking for them everywhere. Sometimes, at thrift shops, you will find the occasional box of SM attachments with a bobbin case inside. The FW bobbin cases are getting hard to find so we need to look for those in all the unusual places. They start at $30 on Ebay and may or may not be original Singer parts. The Chinese replacements leave a lot to be desired. One SMM said he only gets about 8 good ones in every 12 he orders, so what does that tell us? Kenmore parts are harder for me to find. I had to get a foot controller from a SMM and it cost me $20, which was more than I gave for the machine. If anyone knows where to find Kenmore parts, please let us know. Keep looking and may the force be with you.

Last edited by DonnaMiller; 05-30-2015 at 07:22 PM. Reason: sp