View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 08:28 AM
thimblebug6000

We drove over there in 2012 after spending time in Yellowstone & the Grand Tetons. It is very interesting country & I met a couple quilting ladies. It was very hot when we were there, over 100F so I didn't get to walk and bike as much as we had hoped. We had our little RV and camped just south of town. It is a "dry" area so if you're interested in any alcohol you will need to bring it with you. But check with the hotel you book into first as some won't allow any on the premises, even in your room. I enjoyed the shows and took a few seminars (one with Ricky Tims) and also attended the "schoolhouse" where you select a few talks that you attend every hour and then a bag lunch is included. If you haven't already, do a search and find the brochures that Shipshewana offers, there's good information in them. Enjoy!

We also went to an Amish home where we got to sit and hand quilt on one of the quilts they were working on. We had a very basic luncheon with one of the Amish ladies and she was happy to answer our questions concerning her life.

Last edited by thimblebug6000; 05-31-2015 at 08:32 AM.