Old 05-31-2015, 10:57 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default Gail's Heron Pond Quilted by Feline Fanatic

I am so blessed that I get to see the beauty that so many talented quilters create. Gail saw my quilting on this quilt http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...g-t256886.html and contacted me to see if I would quilt her 3 unit wall hanging depicting a blue heron on a pond on her property. When I saw the flimsy the quilts took my breath away. Absolutely phenomenal, all prepared applique hand sewn! She depicted the depth and beauty of a sunrise on the pond with such skill and precision. The background is all diamonds of fabric pieced together in different colors. I think she captured a sunrise perfectly.

Gail wanted the applique elements to raise up off the surface of the quilt which means a lot of heavy background quilting. I also double batted this with wool to ensure a good relief of the applique. Then laid down a LOT of thread. The three units will be cut apart and bound individually then gifted to her DD to hang in her home. What a special gift! I quilted this with Invisifil and ditched with Superior Monopoly. I have included a picture of the quilt hanging over my rack to illustrate that a lot of quilting does not necessarily make a quilt stiff. The batting and type of thread used makes all the difference. Thanks for looking and eagerly anticipate your comments.

The 3 units
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521188[/ATTACH]

Each panel:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521189[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521191[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521192[/ATTACH]
Darn sorry that came through sideways. I turned and saved them in my photo viewer. Guess it didn't take

A backshot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521193[/ATTACH]

And here it is draped over my rack table to show it still has nice drape and is not stiff despite all the quilting on it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521194[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc05128.jpg   dsc05138.jpg   dsc05130.jpg   dsc05142.jpg   dsc05143.jpg  

dsc05147.jpg   dsc05127.jpg