View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 07:18 PM
Dina

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
Can't wait to see it finished!!!!! I wonder why some of those gorgeous bargello quilts are so intimidating to me? Should I just jump in there and give it a try? Or get more confidence first?
A Bargello really isn't hard, it just takes a lot of organization. This one, though, is hard. It is my 8th one (in one and a half years), so I really am addicted. If you want to make one, just go for it. Read all of the instructions several times and then just jump in. I started with the book Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts by Eileen Wright. She has about ten patterns in this book, and one is a placemat that is designed to teach the Bargello method. I made that and it gave me to confidence to make more. I made Surf Song next, also in the book.

A free pattern is Serenity Bargello. It was the third Bargello I made, and is also pretty simple.

http://www.northcott.net/?sid=3&layo...1477&colid=549

Okay, I am adding 3 pictures, in case any of them help you decide you want to try this. The first is the place mat. The second is Surf Song, and the third is Serenity. (Needless to say, I really like purple.)

Now, aren't you sorry you asked?

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001584.jpg   s8001646.jpg   s8002131.jpg