View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 01:37 AM
GarageDragon

Default Advice Really Welcome!

Am about to try and quilt my first quilt - and I am scared! I think I have the tension set up correctly with my new walking foot, at least it seems that way on the test piece (I have a free motion foot, but don't think this is the right project to try in earnest for the first time - results so far have been, well, variable!). I've read and watched videos about how to sandwich it all up (the pieced top is going to be sitting on a Hobbs Heirloom premium cotton batting, with a joined cotton back), and I have a huge table (it will still need to be stuck together in three folds) and my spray baster at hand. I was going to just quilt it very simply with not quite straight lines (as wavy as I can manage with a home machine with a not very big throat) which will not follow any obvious diagonal - will this work? My machine is threaded and ready to go - and there everything has been for the last couple of days, but I am lacking the confidence to get started... Given that I have already begun the piecing of the next quilt, and have plans for the one after that, (and the next one...) I really need to get this done!
Any advice gratefully received