View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 09:04 AM
ArchaicArcane

I'm in Canada and can get the foot BUT the last one I ordered from the supplier may not have been a proper fit for the featherweight (and possibly other straight stitch machines) the lady put it on as such, I'm not currently recommending or ordering the foot. This is the Alphasew foot specified for straight stitch only machines and the same as the one at Sew Classic and April1930s, etc.

ETA: Note: Admins - Read further - I AM NOT offering to sell anything.

I haven't had the foot in front of me to see if it was user error or not (she had a lot of other questions that let me know she had limited experience sewing and had asked me how to use it and how to install it.). Her complaint was that the foot was sitting too far backward and the needle could hit the foot in front of the needle hole. She broke the foot (by slamming the needle into it repeatedly even though she knew something wasn't fitting) before I could look at it and her machine and make any adjustments.

Personally, I might look for an original Singer walking foot if they're out there and pick up the AlphaSew foot as a last choice. From the cords that I've gotten from them that were split in the moldings and the belt quality lately, I'm advising all of my vintage machine people to stick with the original stuff as long as possible.

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 06-01-2015 at 09:13 AM.