View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 10:56 PM
lalaland

Default Litte Girl Petal Dress

I was working on a little girl dress and the instructions were so bad, and unnecessarily complicated, that I finally decided it wasn't worth my time or frustration so I abandoned it. But I had the bug and still wanted to make something so I dug out one of my favorite patterns.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pattern! It's called the Petal Dress and is a SewBaby pattern. I have made quite a few of these. They are very easy, the instructions are excellent, and they are just too darn cute. I purchased the purple curly Q fabric from a board member and thought the dotted fabric was a good compliment. I put snaps on the front rather than buttons. If you like snaps, Snap Source is a great site and they have every type and color of snap available.

The purple dress is for the daughter of one of my nephew's. The Disney dress I just made for the heck of it and eventually I gave it to one of my coworkers. The family was going to Disneyland and it was the perfect size for their daughter. She received a lot of attention when people noticed her dress and, of course, she thought she was the bomb!
Attached Thumbnails dress-003.jpg   dress-004.jpg   dsc01378.jpg