Old 06-02-2015, 08:07 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
Must have changed things recently, but it is still some hours before it is viewable anyway. Oh and Joe, you can't watch it....because you are just gonna give me craps about my "clunky" treadle anyway. (still have not gone under there and figured how to get the screw out so I can adjust my wooden pitman arm)
Dan,

I did watch you're video finally. It only took my dial up an hour and half to down load it. Not gonna give you any crap at all. Matter of fact I learned something from it. The shape of the insides aren't completely compatible with the 306 machine.

About your tubing belt, I've tried both aquarium and O2 tubing on my treadles and just could not get it to work. It kept stretching and eventually would slip so bad I couldn't sew. That was with the 66 and 9W7 and those are some of the easiest machines to turn. What did you do to keep that from happening? Or have you used it enough yet?

Next question - I've read that machines such as the 306 and 319s are difficult to treadle because of the internal mechanics. What has been your experiences with that?

I've got a two tone, blue and wood, treadle I got from Macybaby I'm going to turn into a "modern(ish)" machine treadle, so your experiences do interest me.

Joe