Old 06-02-2015, 11:19 AM
greywuuf

About your tubing belt, I've tried both aquarium and O2 tubing on my treadles and just could not get it to work. It kept stretching and eventually would slip so bad I couldn't sew. That was with the 66 and 9W7 and those are some of the easiest machines to turn. What did you do to keep that from happening? Or have you used it enough yet?
Joe,
I don't know what "enough" is to make the belt stretch and quit working. I am not a prolific seamster by any means but I did make the the purple gown for my daughter ( pictures are in my albums ) entirely on this machine / treadle / belt combo. this belt was supposed to be a " lets see if this old machine works" thing until a proper belt could be ordered. its been two years and it works well enough a proper belt has never been ordered. Maybe my treadle wheel is old and rough enough that it is "grippier" than your nice pretty ones ?

Next question - I've read that machines such as the 306 and 319s are difficult to treadle because of the internal mechanics. What has been your experiences with that?
I suppose "technically" they would have to be. more stuff, more motion, more friction. practically I don't notice it. my machine is cleaned lubed and adjusted within an inch of its life and well " runs like a sewing machine" there is a youtube video of a lady doing incredibly Fast and continuous FMQ and satin embroidery stitch with the fancy cams on a 226 in a treadle ( very odd Japanese made singer machine ) and I notice she is using a clear plastic belt of some kind as well. I have grown quite fond of my 306 in a treadle.

Dan

Last edited by greywuuf; 06-02-2015 at 11:26 AM.