View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 12:03 PM
GrandmaNewt

Default Help me brainstorm this project!

Someone posted a pic of a fishbowl wall hanging quilt on my facebook. Yes, I have seen quilts like this before and they are cute. My daugher (who doesn't quilt or sew) saw the pic and said she wants one. BUT... she teaches 1st grade and she wants one with pockets for homework folders for her classroom.

I have probably a million ideas so far as to how to go about this, but thought I would ask everyone else for ideas in case there are better ones out there than what I have Pleated pockets perhaps to make it easier for kids to access their folder, but would that make it hang funny on the wall. Quilted fishbowls on the outside of the pockets, or do I make the background the quilted fishbowls and pockets out of clear vinyl (that sounds like the easy way, but the folders would hide the fish bowls). Best way to hang...dowel on the back or grommets on the corners maybe. hmmmmm...so many options. Im thinking the most kids she ever will have is 20....so maybe 21 pockets, 3 rows of 7. Gonna have to make each pocket big enough to hold a homework folder, altho sideways or up and down is another choice. Going to have to make this thing durable enough to survive a bunch of 6 yr olds.

Toss your ideas at me please! Help my thinking process!