View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 05:03 PM
purpleleaf

Default Hello fellow quilters!

Hello all! I'm Erin, I live in Highland, MI with my husband and 2 kids - 21 months (girl) and 7 months (boy). I've been quilting for about a decade. I've been quilting for just over a decade. I love making quilt tops, but I'm not very fond of doing the actual quilting (when it's a medium sized or larger project).

I have a terrible habit of starting a million different quilt projects and leaving them in some state of unfinishedness. I absolutely will finish them all... eventually! I'm currently working on a few crib quilts for a baby shower, and I'm making a memory quilt with clothes from my daughter's first year. I figure if I finish the memory quilt by the time she's 3, I'll be happy. (I'm not kidding!).

My goals for the next year as far as my quilting goes would be to improve my free motion skills and learn techniques for quilting large projects in a small machine (I hear it's possible!). I also really want to learn paper piecing - I've seen some amazing quilts done this way that I want to try!

Thanks for reading and I hope to get to know everyone in the forums!

~Erin