Old 06-04-2015, 05:20 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

JanRN, I make my quilt tops because I want too; not to 'sell', but I am asking for the LA fee now with each top....or they can sit in a box at my house. Because I love to quilt and feel blessed to see and to sew again. Again, too many people do not realize the amount of work it takes or money...and ask the question any way...thinking if we are charitable enough, we will 'gift' them with a quilt. Show your a spread sheet with the figures for the real cost of a quilt, from the babric to the binding....and labor. Introduce her to the real world....and then say with what you have lined up to do, it will take two years to bring it up to the top of the list. I think she will get the idea then to forget it. If not then, she can purchase the fabric one month, then the pattern, and pay out in three months the full amount...let her judge if she can afford it or not. She just may not know what she is asking of you; most people do not.

Dublb and Honchey, I cannot care for one house well enough to ever think about two of them. Good luck to both of you on your journeys. When I traveled within a district working, it never failed that what I wanted was in a another place!

Yes, JanRN, I am so ready for Tuesday when we are set to travel again. Never had a discouraging word the last day, all day long. Wonderful sunny, beautiful day. May you all have sunshine in your hearts today.