View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 07:38 AM
Rhonda Lee

Interesting reading going on here! Fabric and scraps of fabric and oh how they are loved and wanted! I so understand the craziness of our wonderful craft.
We spent more than a week at our 'new home' and of course took packed boxes of household goods with us to unpack and put away in that new place. This has been going on for 3 years! Limbo.
My sewing room there is a bit of a nightmare with mounds of folding and rearranging needed. I did wade thru a couple of areas though and washed and folded 'several bags full of garage sale finds'. I'm waiting for shelving to be put in the closets so most of my folding goes into boxes. It's ok because it gives me some sense of organizing.
The best thing I did though, was to get 3 extra large garbage bags full of fabric and scraps I know longer wanted and knew I would not use. They all found their way to either a local guild or good will. This is a first for me and it felt really good and liberating.
We have a serious buyer for our home we are currently living in and are very hopeful that the sale will work out for us and them. Of course my emotions are roller coasting. We've been here for 25 years.
I spent yesterday with my mom, going and getting stuff and seeing the doctor. She just gave up her driving licence this past month and it's a tough adjustment for her. She'll be 88 next month.
I didn't buy any fabric in May. I think I'm seriously ill.