Old 06-04-2015, 01:40 PM
janRN

QNS & Carrie, thanks for the suggestions. I quilt for MY pleasure and don't enjoy doing what someone requests. I do like the Hot Air Balloon blocks. My son copied & sized the blocks for me: one large center block will measure 18" and the rest 8". Carrie, I like that layout with your kites and may draw something like that up to see how it looks. If I do a bed runner, do you think $175 is too much? I found some in various catalogs and some of the kits are that much and more, then add labor (which no one wants to pay). Can you tell I don't want to do this? I enjoy sewing for the B&B because she lets me make what I want and is happy with bedrunners--they look really nice on a white bed spread on the rustic twig beds she has.

I have about 85 blocks copied from FWS. As I look at them, not many seem to need to be paperpieced--lots of the blocks are just multiple squares and a few triangles. Lots of small pieces in these blocks. Not sure how to organize them either; just in a file folder for now.