View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Skylark53

Thanks for all the help! Jan, thankfully the cream fabric is generic and I was told pretty much always available so I don't have to worry about cutting things a little larger or experimenting a bit so I will definitely try your method.

Glad to know I was on to something with the picture not matching...I wasn't sure if perhaps it would work out with "quilt magic" as they say when everything comes together. I'll make a couple of the squares and play around so I can get it to look like the picture.

sak658- your thread was actually what clued me onto this project! By the time I saw the thread you had found the fabrics you needed and I looked them up and my local Joann's still had some so I made a trip. The dots definitely seem to be the scarcest. I want to see a picture of your daughter's quilt too - I bet it will be really lovely with the green!

I actually didn't purchase the cream fabric yet and I may go with something other than sateen too, the ladies at the store that could be a bit heavy as well.

Edit to add: I've decided not to prewash the fabrics for this one either as I think I'd like the "crinkled" look. If anyone has had any issues with color bleeding, let me know! I should enough to do test a scrap though.