View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Skylark53

It looks like Dina might have found it, but in terms of searching for something, there are several things to try. (I don't know how familiar you are with internet searching so please don't be offended if some of this seems over simplified! ).

It helps to try different combinations of either just the SKU or the fabric line and pattern name. Experiment with using quote marks. When you put a search term in quote marks it searches for that exact string of words rather than just picking up several of the words you searched all over the page. For example, if I am searching for a John Smith, and I type it without quotes, I might get some search results that might have content stating that "John West went to the store. Mary Smith planted flowers." While both of your search terms appear, there is no John Smith there. If you search "John Smith" you will get only results where those two words appear together.

Also try searching under "images" tab as well (at the top of the search engine page). This can get you some different results than just the "web" search.

It can also help to try different search engines as well such as Bing or Yahoo, and Google of course if that's not what you are already using. Search results can get ranked differently so you might notice something else on a different search engine.

I've also noticed that ebay results don't always show if you are not searching directly on ebay. Ebay and Etsy can be good places to find discontinued fabrics.