View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 06:10 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default Oldest Son's Harley Quilt

I haven't posted any pictures this year but I did make my oldest son a Harley Quilt for his birthday in January. I bought the logo fabric on eBay and then just figured out the rest with different fabrics I thought would work. His wife suggested the quilt and I doubt it will be used much as he is a very hot person ! Meaning that he generates a lot of body heat and doesn't do quilts or blankets. I was very pleased with the quilt, even though it is simple. It is really bright and he was happy with it. Their garage is filled with Harley motorcycles. It was harder than I thought to get motorcycle fabric so I used a plain black on the back with a little Harley panel. It was the first Queen size quilt that I finished on my long arm and it turned out barely OK. I realized afterward how much I need to study the quilt top to figure out a design. Right now I don't know how to do pantos but will be taking lessons this summer. Anyway, I just wanted you all to see the Harley top.
Attached Thumbnails ethan-harley-quilt-2015-002.jpg   ethan-harley-quilt-2015-004.jpg