Old 06-05-2015, 04:59 PM
callen

Originally Posted by Pinkquilter59 View Post
Very well put! The comment by OnebyOne is total uncalled for. It is only common courtesy to discuss such a purchase. Let's not "rain on someone's parade".

Callen, you made a great purchase. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.
To be fair here - Oneonone misunderstood my first post. She thought I made 2 trips to my dealer (1 hour away) one to look at the machine & a 2nd with my DH to purchase it. This was not the case. As far as permission is concerned that is a NON issue with us - I look for his input especially when a machine is costly & in Canada the HQ Diamond Royale has a retail price of almost $14,000, I would NEVER make that kind of purchase without his opinion. I was lucky & got a store demo machine & with my trade in saved several thousand dollars. I must say I traded in a Bernina 820 which was a quality machine BUT the Bernina dealer is 7 hours away or I would probably have purchased the Bernina 830 as I was already familiar with the 820 which is the same machine minus the embroidery module. The HQ dealer is just 1 hour away & that's just a nice drive & she is fantastic. So far I love the HQ & yes, I have started to make a stitch diary which I also did with my Bernina.
Thank you ladies for all your suggestions & support.