Old 06-06-2015, 06:29 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Default Do you ever do a major design change mid-quilt??

I had have been working on a Storm at Sea made from the table clothes (batik that we scallop cut the edges) from my daughter's wedding. The colors are purple (lt. and dark) and a darker, royal blue with a blue/lavender mix and then to get some variety, an almost white batik with a little blue swirl. I had put this in EQ7 several ways, had tried it out with a pattern from a guild class, had borrowed a friend's pattern file on the Storm at Sea. After deciding to use the pattern from the guild class cause it was a 12" block, I have been diligently piecing the units and trimming. Was just finishing up the side pieces (with the diamonds in royal blue and the corner pieces in the almost white batik) when I realized that my color placement may NOT give me the optical illusion of a circle! Yikes! So I got back on EQ7 and decided to adjust to 9" blocks and only have the diamond side units on 2 sides, which pulls the design into the circular illusion better. But that means some how cutting another 130 main squares plus more of the diamond units out of my fabric! I gave up for today, but think I have enough of the right color batiks. So bummed-thought I was about ready to sew blocks together, but it's back to the cutting table.