Old 06-07-2015, 12:33 PM
ChattyKathy

I have a Viking Diamond Delux that my husband talked me into getting 4 years ago. He bought it for my years combo BD, anniversary And Christmas presents. The machine is great and the free classes and pay classes are terrific. The ladies at the Viking store are all extremely knowledgeable and always helpful. My only complaint is the lack of a proficient manual. If I run into a problem with my machine the manual is worthless. I always have to call for help and majority of time the Viking sales people can help me. If not I have to bring the machine in for help. And they figure it out for me. But to figure out on my own the embroidery or anything besides straight easy stitching, there is no good directions or manual available. You have to take the Viking classes to develop proficiency and expertise. I found that very frustrating, since I wanted to do quilting and creative type sewing of my design. I could not go to a Viking manual for help. Although, one of the members mentioned utube tutorials which are for newer Viking Diamond machines so maybe that will help me. I guess this is one of the reasons I have developed a love for vintage sewing machines...they have manuals. Yes, I realize each has its own place and time and JOY!!!