View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 05:01 AM
Mrs. SewNSew

Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
I understand the question but do not know the answer. my only cabinet has been much abused and they are currently mounted with the side that has the single middle wrap on the hinge pin towards the folding top, I can not state for certain but it would seem that is the stronger of the two, however any forces applied there will also be applied to the other side of the hinge so I do not see it mattering from a strength stand point.
I don't see a difference either but before I go drilling them all in I thought I had best check!

HelenAnn, if you look carefully at the center of each hinge you can see it is divided into 3 sections. Each half of the hinge has a bit of metal that comes into the center where a part of the end piece curls around the center pin. On one side of the hinge it is a single center curl around the pin, on the other side it has the two outer curls around the pin. I am only wondering if it matters which way the hinge goes back on. 3 hinges have to support a heavy extension with no other support underneath. I was wondering if they are stronger if put on a certain way. Does that make sense?