View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Feather3

Originally Posted by annievee View Post
Thanks for all the responses. DD is so concerned about all the snow this coming winter ! She can handle the mud/dirt but is unsure of the 'Wet' stuff. I will pass on your suggestions. Thanks again, Annie
Generally you kick the snow off your shoes outside. Most have a thick rug outside to wipe it off shoes. They're sort of bristle type rugs. Lowes/Home Depot/Wal-Mart has them. It's not like she'll have 3 foot of the white stuff inside. Any that does make it in will melt/evaporate with the heat of the house, adding moisture to the air. This is an added benefit, as the heat dries the inside air. Many of us have had to add a humidifier in winter (our furnace has one on it), as forced air heat dries the air too much & then you get a good zap when touching certain things.

Every winter is different. Some years we have a lot of snow, while other years not so much. Your daughter will do fine. She'll learn how to deal with it over time. It's not that bad.

For me...I'd take snow clean up over trying to clean up sand any day. One trip to Florida & my cars carpet was never the same....just could not get the sand out of it.