View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 AM
butterflywing

am i the only one noticing that there are suddenly a number of brand-new members who are only posting items that they want to sell?

yesterday, i noticed, in the wanted/buy/sell area someone selling crochet books. when i checked out this new person, i saw that she/he has posted 15 times, 13 of which have been for items for sale.

i also saw recently a member that was new to me (i never saw her/his name before) selling an expensive sewing machine, in the box, blah, blah, blah.

these might be great deals, but who are they? will they stand behind their products? are they contributing a share to the board, as are other sellers here?
will they accept returns if something is wrong or missing? who pays shipping?
are they really store owners making a living?

someone said that none of us knows any of us, so what's the difference? the difference is that we all have a feel for what kind of person we are and we didn't come on board with an agenda. although we may have sold one or two items over time, we didn't bounce right in trying to sell.

i think everyone should consider carefully what they're doing before buying from a stranger. this is your money you're spending with no guarantees as to quality or return policy. we don't even know where to go after them if they're not telling the truth.