View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 04:49 PM
jbsstrawberry

We LIVE to shop yard and garage sales!!! There's one inparticular I watch for every year. A lady just outside our little town has an annual "get rid of my winter stash" sale. She sells off almost all of her fabric, yarn, etc. that she collected over the fall and winter months prior. Usually you can buy gallon size bags of yardage, fat quarters, remnants etc for 25 to 50 cents a bag. She always has the best stuff too!! Some of my favorite projects were garage sale finds. I love it when there's a whole box of "craft stuff" for just a few dollars, its like a treasure hunt going through them when I get them home. Last year I purchased a huge box of kits for $3 from a moving sale. It was packed full to almost bursting with alllll kinds of kits. I'm working on a hand embroidered pillow case doll now. They sell for about $12-$15 dollars through Annie's Attic, and a few other mail order companies. I'm using some of the bed sheets I got at the same sale to make more pillow cases. Once I have the hand work done and can cut the pieces apart I'm going to make a pattern so I can make more of them for gifts.