Old 06-09-2015, 02:24 PM
quiltingcandy

I used to accept donations from friends that sewed clothes. But after I went thru the last 2 batches and found that I kept maybe 1/3 decided it was best to decline in the future. Most people that know me, know that I have a fairly good sized stash and have been giving away to anyone that needs something, so don't get insulted when I decline. My SIL though works selling upholstery/home decor fabrics. They have very large fabric books and should would bring me the ones when the new ones would come in. They took up a lot of space and the fabrics weren't anything I worked with. Once I used them to make a fabric cover for my quilting hoop. She was upset I didn't use it for something more creative. So told her the fabrics just weren't something I use and they should just donate them to a thrift store where people look to find such treasures. Sometimes it islets to be honest, not rude, just honest and then the person donating can decide if they want to find a better place to donate their scraps.