View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 08:15 AM
SherylM

Originally Posted by mckwilter View Post
You will make mistakes. Correct them and get on with it. No one else will know they are there unless you point it out.
Yes, THIS!

I'm going through this right now. I've only been quilting for a short time and I'm working on my fourth quilt - a Dr. Seuss shadow box quilt for one of my grandbabies. Well, my cutting wasn't as accurate as it should have been and I ended up with 20 blocks that were all catawampus (that's a technical term, right?) and weren't lining up the way they should have.

I mulled over how to fix it for a week. I came on here and read through several threads and decided that I had two options - A) take 20 blocks completely apart, re-cut and re-sew them. That would entail needing to buy more fabric and also, tearing my hair out. OR - option B. Trim all the blocks a bit. This option would square the blocks up nice and neat, but it would also trim off a bit of the print and make them and the "shadows" a bit smaller. I decided I could live with option B. I'm working on them now, and ya know what? They're gonna look just fine.

So THANK YOU, to all of my wonderful experienced mentors on here, who I learn so much from, everyday!