View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 09:37 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I was basically a self-taught quilter when I began my quilting journey, and I still love it 30+ years later. With the help of Georgia Bonesteel's quilt show and Spinning Spools books, I made first a quilt for my daughter who was about 8 or 9 at the time, then one for my son who was 11-12, then tackled a quilt for out bed. I must point out that my DH, bless his heart!) picked out a crib size on point pieced basket quilt from a quilt magazine and wanted it for our king size bed. No problem right? Just make more blocks. LOL. After making many, many blocks in all color combinations my DH told me that I had become a "Basket Case", and thus the quilt was made, and I eventually machine quilted it on my DSM. Nobody told me I had tackled a 3 thimble quilt with little quilting knowledge, so I made the quilt. Since then I have seldom if never listened to anyone who told me I couldn't make that quilt because it was too complicated or beyond my skill level, I stretched myself in many ways and have never looked back. Your quilt is beautiful and I'm sure you learned a lot of new skills along the way as well.