View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 06:04 AM
patmadrid

I purchased a pfaff 18x8 long arm machine with grace frame and Qbot computer from sewing machine plus. While the cost of this setup was reasonable...it is not without issues.

1. The machine was delivered in Dec, but it was February before I was up and running. They shipped the wrong assembly kit. It took me three days to figure out it was wrong, and then weeks to get a replacement kit.
2. I had to send in the machine for warranty repair. The cost of shipping rom Texas to California was $150.00. Sewing machine plus did pay for return shipping, but it was expensive "free" repair.
3. Whenever you call the service department, you have to leave a message and wait 24 hours for a return call. They call, give a list of things to try, you try....they don't work, you call back and wait 24 hours for a return call. They tell you to have them paged, but when you call no one answers the phone (except sales dept).
4. Also, the QBot, while an great machine, the only support is a user group. The user group is amazing and they have answered questions for me, but I spent a lot of money on this computer and expect customer support from the company. Having local support would have been invaluable

While my setup is great and I am quilting for customers, my first year was difficult. Sewing machine plus is probably a great option for experienced long armers. If you are a beginner it might be better to spend a little more to be able to have support and training.