View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 09:07 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
Maybe this is a naive question, but won't dealers help support the machine no matter where you bought it? At least enough to get you in touch with the manufacturer, etc?

Otherwise, it sort of sounds like if you buy a longarm you better not ever move to a new area or you're out of luck.
OK if you just spent 10 Grand on a machine and it didn't run right do you want to have to jump through hoops to get it running? Wait for days before you get a call back? Be expected to fix your own machine via telephone instructions? Struggle with setup for days before you realize the retailer shipped a wrong part? (these are all scenarios I found when googling complaints) I know I don't.

How about on line retailers who say the warrantee is void if you purchase via the internet? (I did find a BBB complaint that said that)

If you buy a LA from a local dealer and move someplace and the machine is still under warrantee then yes, you will need to contact the manufacturer directly for support or they will help you find a new local dealer to support you. If the machine is no longer under warrantee then it totally depends on the tech support of the manufacturer. So one really needs to do their homework. The tech support for my machine is beyond compare. 24-7-365 phone support. But it is really nice to have the backup of a local, reputable dealer. And I loved having them come right to my home to deliver it and set it up at no additional cost to me. I was up and running the day my machine came home. That can't always be said for on line purchases of LA machines.