Old 06-11-2015, 10:15 AM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I'm not into electric machines, but that one is pretty cool!!!!
Thanks Steve. I’m tickled to have it. I’ve been looking it over, and it’s interesting how much it’s like a 401A, and then on the other hand, how different it is from a 401A. It’s my most expensive sewing machine to date, but it had $100 worth of packing time and materials put into it to get it here without so much as a bent spool pin. (Of course, I popped one off while I was fiddling with it on my bench. I can get it back on.)

The machine was double-boxed using multiple thicknesses of sheet Styrofoam and minimal bubble wrap, and the case top double-boxed separately the same way. It couldn’t wiggle a bit. I didn’t think I’d ever get everything unwrapped to see it. It’s over-lubricated, but that’s about all that I’ve seen wrong with it so far, and it sews fine. One of the needle plate spring pins has a chunk missing (one out of four “tabs”), but I think that’s fairly common with these machines. It’s more quite running than any of our 401A machines. It has a sound of its own. It’s the 110VAC model.

Now all I need is a Singer 421G, a 411G, and a couple of other Gees to give me a pretty nice Singer 400 Slant Needle collection. My collection has now reached the expensive models for new additions....

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails machine584_01.jpg   machine584_09.jpg