View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 11:28 AM
carol45

Default Searching for ideas

I was travelling with DH in Vermont, and we drove by a place that said Vermont Flannel Company. I made him turn back to see what it was. They make plaid flannel shirts, etc. out of a very high quality flannel. I asked if they sell scraps and they said yes; $5 for 10 lbs. DH is asking how we will fit a 10 lb bag of flannel in our suitcase (because we were flying home), and when I suggested that I get an extra bag for a quilting buddy he suggested not, but at least agreed to the one bag. So here I am with all the flannel plaid, and I've started to make it into blocks--because I didn't just want to make a plain flannel quilt, and the scraps were lined up so that I could sort of stack and whack them. I love this flannel--it's so soft and forgiving, and they said in the store that it doesn't shrink--maybe it was preshrunk. Anyway, I started to make blocks. You can see some of them in the photo. I'm making 3 1/2", 6 1/2" and 9 1/2" blocks, so they can be mixed and matched into 12" blocks. I will have about 1 million of them when I'm done. In many colors. There are orange plaids, and purple (see picture) and green and red, etc. etc. I think I might get quite a few quilts out of this, but I have no idea how to arrange the blocks. Do you have any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails flannel-blocks.jpg