Old 06-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Lee in Richmond

Originally Posted by ThreadHead View Post
I use my little wire threader on my machine all the time. You can also go to the Dollar Tree and get you a pair of glasses for $1.00. Go find a medicine bottle in the store where the writing is too small to read, then go find a pair of glasses that will help you read the bottle when you hold it 10 to 12 inches from your face. I use a 250. I have 6 pair floating around the house all the time. I've had cataracts removed from both eyes, and a lens put in. What a difference in colors !
As far as threading a needle for hand sewing, you can cut the thread so there is a blunt end, no stray fuzzy hairs. Pull the thread down between your thumb and finger so that only a small dot of thread is showing. Set the eye of the needle down on the dot and slightly push down, roll your finger and thumb up to catch the thread and pull up. Works for me. lol
I was told recently in a class that there is a direction to thread! The 'right' end to thread a needle is the leading edge off the spool (not the spool end). Who knew?