View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Admin
Administrator

Well, let me explain what I mean.

Over time, I was asked to add more sections to the board.
And it looks like there is simply an unlimited way for people to group discussions according to narrow, specific interests.

It could be something specific to longarm machines, or something specific to electric quilt software, or something specific to some local area, or some event, etc.

Creating sections for each and every common topic of interest isn't possible.

With virtual sections, it might be possible to achieve what some people wanted without fragmenting the board.

Let's take longarm machines for example.

Someone posts a question about a specific model of a longarm machine (whatever brand). That topic would be created in the Main section of the board. At the same time, the author would be able to add the topic to the virtual section "longarm machines".

Later, someone else posts pictures of her newsly ordered longarm machine. That topic would go into the Pictures section. But at the same time, she could add it to the "longarm machines" virtual section too.

After that, yet another person who has interest in longarm machines, would be able to browse that virtual section and quickly find both the topic with a question and the topic with the pictures.

That's basically the core idea.

Does this example explain it better?