View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
rivka
Banned

But what about the "regular" members who participate in other discussions and sell stuff? All members who only post offers and nothing else present an unfair competition for them...She makes a new topic, and within a day it gets buried underneath 20 topics made by people who do nothing else on this board but post offers.
The point I'm trying to make is that the people who are posting are regular members. Maybe they don't have post counts in the thousands, but if they have post counts in the dozens, post on other threads, and have been here for a few months, doesn't that make them a "regular" member? The OP said that he's seeing a lot of "brand-new" members posting items -- as I pointed out, I looked through several of the postings, and didn't really see anyone that I would classify as "brand-new" (i.e. only a couple of posts). Just about all the posts I looked at were from members with at least a few dozen posts, who had been active elsewhere on the forum.

If you want to define a "regular" member as someone that has several hundred posts and/or has been here for more than a year, then of course, that's your prerogative. I would argue that doing so is non-inclusive of those who are only somewhat active, but are still contributing members to the forum. Just my opinion, of course :)