Old 06-13-2015, 04:39 AM
KenmoreGal2

Thanks Barb. To clarify, my photo is the finished product, in use. That is how I lays after I was totally done with it. We use it but the lumpiness bothers me when I look at it.

I made 2 matching pieced tops and used 2 matching cotton sheets as backings. It gets hot as "you know what" here in the summer so I want the lightest covering possible. I love the weight of just these 2 layers, I would not want flannel in the middle too. Just my personal preference (hubby's too...)

(I notice you are in "Cajun" Country, I think if I lived there I would not be able to tolerate any coverings in the summer!! I really do not like the heat at all, same with hubby.)

So I'd like to recreate this basic theme but make it a better finished product. I think my whole problem boils down to how I connected the two twins. Perhaps there is a better way? I made these quilts in pillowcase style. I left the sides where the 2 twins would meet up unfinished. I folded the two twins (front to front) and sewed the top sides together so the seam was hidden. Then I flipped it over and made a regular exposed seam on the underside since I didn't care how that looked. This quilt was just for me. Is there a better method?