View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 06:52 AM
Mornigstar

We found those 2 screws --look like a big silver button --before I saw in the manual. Yes, I had removed all I could to clean and oiled before I went to all this trouble . don't think cams are involved with this one. Seems I figured out all the buttons by the time I saw web manual. Thanks to all who sent that info. Button to release the free arm and another button to lower feed dogs . I was pressing everything trying to get machine off cabinet .

Now we have to confirm spring under shelf ---how it should be --before we put machine back on so it is able to be lowered and then lifted back up. We own a singer cabinet that one machine is sitting on but hubby is away then he can look under and compare. We don't want the machine to drop if spring is wrong.

Manual shows how these 2 screws hold machine to shelf if any of you want to see that. Have not taken off the bottom to oil which manual shows but I did free up the one dial. Don't have to take top off --I know that.

Today have to get back to important things like laundry/cleaning then be back on here. Anyone have any idea where to find cabinet info. Thanks to all.

Still want to know the year was manuf-says Made in Japan in harp area --shows Jaguar/Maruzen Co in web info

Last edited by Mornigstar; 06-13-2015 at 06:58 AM. Reason: add