View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 12:09 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by roserips View Post
Interesting thread, I have found that today's fabric is not the same quality as say fabric from 10 or 15 years ago. Then you have to remember that these are not woven designs they are printed. So they start out a run on lesser quality goods to test then up the run to the better quality goods. I love fabric but I would never say that I prefer one over another. Good grief there are plenty of VIP, Cranston, and other old time lines out there that I love. Then using just one line or designer is like using a box of 8 crayons. That is all you have so if you are a beginner that is a great place to start, but then you discover there are more so you begin to mix and match others in till you are using a box of 64 or more colors. Learn about fabric and the fibers that make it up but don't confine your self. I have used all kinds of fabrics from denim and courderoy to velvets and satin depends on what I am making and how I want things to feel. So pick a place to start but know that it is the begining of a long learning experience and what you use and like today will undoubtedly change along the way. Have fun making your mom a quilt and then make yourself one and your best freind, co worker, babies, there are lots of reasons to make a quilt, or like me I just make them because I enjoy the process and maybe I keep it, sometimes gift it, or other times sell it. Just have fun and enjoy.
Where's the "Like" icon..