View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 12:21 PM
JudyTheSewer

Red face Kenmore 385.12490 Tension Assembly

The Wednesday sewing group that I belong to was gifted a frozen Kenmore 385.12490. After hours of cleaning, Tri-Flow baths, and lubing, she is all cleaned and running nicely. I foolishly decided to remove the tension assembly and clean the tension discs prior to testing her out with thread. I did find a length of greasy old thread in the spring so I guess it was not a wasted effort.

You guessed it The parts went flying and I’m left with 7 pieces I don’t what order and direction they need to be assembled. I’ve been searching the web all morning and can’t find a diagram of this particular tension assembly. I don't have any other Kenmore's or similar machines to compare it.

I am attaching two pictures:
1- the spring and disc pieces already on the machine that I am confident are correctly applied
2 –the 7 pieces I don’t know how to assemble (along with the Tension dial, numbered gauge, and screw (A, B, C) that I am sure I know how to put back on correctly)
Can anyone out there help me put this back together or direct me to a resource that will show me?
Thank you so much.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]522221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522222[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1_ithinkthetensiondiscpiecesarecorrect.jpg   2_alphapiecesiknow_numberedpiecesineedhelp.jpg