View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 07:51 AM
Honchey

Default The New Farmers Wife '30's Quilt-Along

Hello and Welcome,

Come & join the new Farmers Wife 30's Sampler Quiltalong that will be starting August 4th, 2015.

Laurie Aaron Hird is the author writing the "Inspiring letters from farm women of the Great Depression and 99 quilt blocks that honor them".

All levels of experience sewer/quilters are welcome. All advice and support given is appreciated and will be graciously received.

There is no sign up required. Do these blocks at your own pace. There are no quilt police here.

We will be doing 2 blocks a week in alphabetical order until all the blocks are done.

Most Importantly you need to have the book. The book comes with a cd that contains paperpiecing patterns, rotary cutting instructions, templates for hand piecing.

The books are available at Amazon.com & Fons & Porter.com

Mark your calendars... Startup is Tuesday, August 4th, 2015 and weekly on Tuesday thereafter.

We will be using this thread for all communication until we start. To avoid any confusion please do not post any new threads. Use the above titled thread.

This is the place and time to ask any questions. If I'm not available for for any reason I'm sure there will be someone on the board qualified to answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone, Laurie Aaron Hird has graciously given me permission to post some excerpts of the introduction, letters and a photo of the book the FWS 30's Sampler Quilt book.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-17-2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: add information per member