Old 01-13-2010, 12:20 PM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
E12 was a bear!! I don't know if I'm redoing...but it makes me dread blocks that look hard from the get go.

KLue, i was going to start working on a tutorial for some of the curved blocks. Which ones are first, any idea? Also, any suggestions on making the tute...should I put it into a word document, then it can be downloaded? I have never made one before and want to do it as easy and transferrable as possible...I will need to be able to spend lots of time editing as it will be my first one.
Back in the olden days, I used to write computer manuals. Now I can't even program the dvd. *sigh* ;-)

It's important to keep each step simple.... and to break the steps up, whether it's with numbers, paragraphs, whatever, there's gotta be visual breaks otherwise it's overwhelming.

Too much is better than too little.... more advanced people will simply skip over the obvious steps. But be careful not to put far too much in and if something is really important use bold or some way to highlight it, especially if it's after a section some might skip.

Pictures are really good for something like this, but some people do better with words, so you gotta do both well and they have to match, the picture has to show what the words are describing.

And a little humour or "personality" makes people more likely to read the whole thing rather than skip bits. A smiley face, informal language, that sort of thing. ;-)