View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 02:38 AM
AnngelAnne

Originally Posted by Koriana View Post
I finished the animal puppets for this year's VBS and now only have to dress the 4 human puppets and I only have one more outfit to make. Monday through Friday, my husband and I will be performing the puppet show...he decided to take it easy on us this year and only have 11 characters for the two of us to bring to life...he's great at voices (he could be a cartoon voice actor) but I struggle. I only had to make one human puppet...I think this is the 9th year that we've done this and after the 3rd year, I realized that if I didn't hot glue the clothes to the puppets, I could re-use puppets over instead of making new ones every year...I think I have made about a dozen people, we've also collected costume wigs and other props to make the puppets look different. It's funny how much the kids remember the personality of a puppet and it sometimes takes more than a costume change to convince them that the puppets a different "person". Anyway, here's a picture of the five animal puppets --only the giraffe cooperated and smiled at the camera, wouldn't you know. ;-)
With the puppet show out of the way, I can return to quilting...I need to sew my water together and attach it to the sunset...then I will cut my material for the Pyramid blocks and sew them together as a leader/ender for a quick wedding quilt that I need to make for my niece's wedding.(I've posted a picture below of all doll quilt that I made with bali scraps...I've been wanting to do a full sized version and decided to do it for my niece...it will be predominantly purple batiks). I'll also work on my maple leaf blocks for the next row. Once the wedding quilt top is done, I have a black&white UFO that I need to finish for my nephew's graduation (I'll see him @ the wedding so want to have it ready as well). The same weekend is also my family reunion and I want to have a signature quilt ready for the family auction...all this is only 10 weeks away, so I need to get sewing (so glad that I just had my machine serviced...she's in for some serious work.
Your puppets are way too cute, very nice job!!