View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Lois-nounoe

Originally Posted by saravincent
I live in rural southern utah. I'm an RN at the hospital and they have a gift shop there. I can put things in the gift shop for $2 commission, and the rest is mine. I can choose my own prices. I have been given lots of flannel scraps and really watch my prices on backings, etc. I buy batting in bulk rolls (Oklee quilting supply in MN). So you can see my expenses are pretty low. I sell as many as I put there. They have lots of ladies that make two pieces of fabric with yarn ties, and they sell for $30. So put my price at $45 and they never last long! My baby quilts are usually approx 40-42 X 52-54". I know that I could get more $$ in a larger market, but actually I make them because I enjoy it. I want to use up all the flannel first, before making twin size. BUT, co workers and friends keep giving me more scraps! It's a great way to try out a pattern that I like. After a crib quilt I can see if I like it enough to make one larger or not. Sara

Thank you so much for your imput. I have been doing a local Strawberry Festival for the past 2 years and sell a lot of new claw-machine toys a very low prices. (hubby is an addict and we get some really nice, big toys) I've been taking miscellanious things also. I don't make too much over the table price but it weeds out my stock of toys! :lol: And the music and food are terrific. I have been thinking of taking some books that I've read this year also. I just thought that I might take some quilts with me and if I sell them OK if not thats OK too. :D