Thread: Circle Skirt
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 06:25 AM
Rosyhf

Default Circle Skirt

After I did the Dresden Plate and saw how a skirt could be nice too, I played some more. I pulled fabric out of my trunk where I keep Joann fabrics lol. I used to buy Joann's when I just started to quilt and didn't know what I was doing and the fabric was only 1.99 on sale or 3.50 regular price. I saved a few pieces for when I want to try out a pattern.

I drafted a 9 degree wedge because a circle has to have 36 of these wedges. I had nine different fabrics so I cut four from each one and sewed those together. I then measured my hips and cut two pieces of fabric for the top of the skirt (oh, its a drop waist skirt). I cut the two pieces of fabric the size of my hips plus a couple inches more. Sewed the sides together and sewed that to the wedges, did a fold over on top for elastic and here is what I have.

I'll enjoy wearing this skirt around the house lol. As you can see in the background, I am still working on that star with the 5 ins squares and the bow ties.

Now when I do the Dresden plate skirt, I will draft another gore, make eight or twelve gores, sew strips together and cut out the gores, I will think upon it.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0004.jpg   dsci0007.jpg  

Last edited by Rosyhf; 06-15-2015 at 06:30 AM.