View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Belfrybat

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Belfry: I blame you, well I guess I have to take some of the blame. It was the batiks at CT. The ones I like the best were the ones that were on sale for less than $5 per yard. I went and looked, went away, went back and looked hoping the sale had ended. No such luck. I fell really hard. When you like at least ten of the colors, how do you choose? At those prices how do you get less than 3 yards? I was bad; very, very bad. Martina, where are you when I need you? You used to be counted on to be at least as bad as me. Now look at you, always behaving. I think I am the June poster child for falling into temptation. Goes away wringing hands but looking for the UPS guy.
Oh, yeah, blame the old lady for leading you astray! I tried and tried to only buy two selections, but free shipping didn't kick in until $50.00. So.... $51.70 later..... BUT I did follow someone's excellent advice on here and purchased what filled out my existing collection. This will give me 1 - 2 yards of 14 different coordinating batiks to use on a fabulous project.

On a related subject, I've decided that from now on it is "one in two out". So for every yard I buy I have to either use, sell, or give away 2 yards. Not quite a moratorium, but still better than just adding.