View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 05:18 PM
wesing

Default Our quilting room

We were hoping to post this when the room was all neat and clean, but we seem to take one step forward and two steps back as we try to get it to that point. Most of the extra stuff in the room is things Emmaline has outgrown, some paperwork that needs to find a new home, and A few things we bought this weekend that need to be put away in the house.

Our room was actually the garage when we bought the house. As part of our adoption preparation we had it closed in and finished. It's a nice big room with three windows! The only drawback to the room is that you have to go outside (but under a covered porch) to go into the room. The pictures are how you would see the room starting when you walk in and moving clockwise around the room.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522451[/ATTACH]
When you first walk in, the island and cabinets are to the left, and the bookshelf and refrigerator are to the right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522452[/ATTACH]
Here I have stepped into the room and am looking back at the door. You can see the door to the house through the storm door.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522453[/ATTACH]
We have stash in the upper and lower cabinets, sorted by color. The far left cabinet has holiday fabrics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522454[/ATTACH]
More pics of the cabinets. They came from Lowe's and were not as expensive as we had feared.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522455[/ATTACH]
These two windows face northwest. You can also see a bunch of Emmaline's toys.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522456[/ATTACH]
The large window is a slider and faces northeast. The quilter is a Babylock Crown Jewel on a Momentum frame. We've quilted two quilts with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522457[/ATTACH]
We like having two refrigerators, and it's nice to have it in the sewing room because we always have cold drinks and snacks out there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522458[/ATTACH]
Now we've been all the way around the room. The bookshelf holds books, patterns, and novelty fabrics for I-Spy quilts.

Thanks for take the tour with me. Sorry it's so messy. If we ever get it clean I'll post some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by wesing; 06-15-2015 at 05:23 PM.